Friday, September 7, 2007

Blogger Note

I am not sure how many people read this blog. Some people tell me they read it every day. Others let it build up and read several in a single day. I know it doesn’t take long to read, and certainly takes longer to write – but not really that long. My pastor years ago said the Bible is not so daunting if you read a little every day. There are several cliché stories – a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. How do you eat an elephant? – One bite at a time…

If I took a few minutes everyday to read a few verses, reading the whole Bible would still be a feat unto itself. I am impressed by those who have done it, and those that are committed to doing it.

I have heard back from many people about this blog. Some people I see frequently, and some I haven’t seen for years. Some people I send Christmas cards to every year and then every few years there is the phone call. I have heard from people via email, the phone, and through comments to these stories. Ideas for stories have been generated, and this blog has triggered memories of their own childhood, a friend, a sibling or their parent. Several of Dad’s friends have called or written. I have had wonderful conversations via all of the media above.

Memories and experiences are not always pleasant. Fortunately I only have happy or “non-denominational” memories.

This has been a wonderful experience for me. Blogging has gotten me to remember. I hope it has for you too. Keep the comments, emails and phone calls coming, and I will keep writing.

“People say, oh I could never do that! But when you meet cancer patients you understand the bravery and sprit those people show each and every day. Their struggles motivate and inspire you to test the limits of your endurance and to cross that finish line. You’ll be surprised by what you can do.”
- John Kellenyi, Eight-time marathoner and leading fundraiser with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training.

Our greatest prejudice is against death. It spans age, gender and race. We spend immeasurable amounts of energy fighting an event that will eventually triumph. Though it is noble not to give in easily, the most alive people I’ve ever met are those who embrace their death. They love, laugh and live more fully.”
- Andy Webster, Hospice Chaplain in Plymouth, Michigan.

- Craig

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We read your blog every day and are enjoying remembering all the good times our family has had with yours. How about commenting on the trips to Calgary, Yellowstone, Disneyland and Mexico. They were joyous times for our family and hopefully yours as well.

Anonymous said...

I read your wonderful efforts everyday or two. I look forward to finding out what has been on your memory list. I know that this gift is not easy and you inspire me. Do you remember the writing on the pumpkins in Renton? We have started that tradition up here with the little ones in the neighborhood. Oh and by the way if you want to see bears, come here. We had a Mom and her little one in the next door yard. Hugs Cinda