Thursday, December 13, 2007

Old Photos I

I've always wished I could have taken more pictures, but these were all taken with a $1.98 baby brownie and it cost money to have Lucier's develop them and print them. Now I have about 15,000 photos on my hard drive'; I never fail to be amazed at the miracles of modern technology.

Of course I was always just a tad jealous of Dwight since Elaine liked him better than me, and I had an intense crush on her all through high school only to have her go to the senior prom with Jim Garvin. I was just sort of a little nerd two years younger than she was so I didn't have a chance. Go figure!

I know Jim Elder took tons of pictures in high school since he had the wondrous Argus C3 which cost $30 in those days, but I've never been able to get him to see if he could come up with some of them.

We all did love that blue DeSoto. It made all of us feel a bit bigger and taller when we had a chance to ride in it. One time Dwight took me and Elaine up to the Cody bb game with Powell, and he took me clear to Penrose when we got back to Powell; you were both always generous with yourselves and your car.


Do you remember that the pictures taken in Cody were when you and I went to pay an official visit to the Cody FFA chapter on behalf of the state FFA? Keep working on your story. I'm anxious to read it.

Stay hopeful, cheerful, and prayerful.

- Dwight Blood

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dwight Blood, my only excuse on retrieving old photos is that most of them are still buried in boxes I have not unpacked since moving to Montana in 2001. And the Powell stuff is under 40 years of professional work
Glad that FFA jacket moved you to write. Just for the record, the DeSoto was green. And Laness Northrup had the the Argus C3. I had an 828 Kodak Bantam that Pa Lucier ordered in for me. Camera was smaller than the big Kalart flash gun. Got 8 shots on modified 35mm film. As for my Powell collection, I seem to remember that except for for some sports photos, I shot more photos of Powell and Lovell girls than of the boys. Fancy that.

Jim Elder

Unknown said...

P.S. on photos. I had a "darkroom" in the tiny bathroom in the basement. My print washer was the toilet with a stick stuck under the stopper bulb to give a slow continuous flow. One time Marilyn got tired of never being able to use the bathroom and flushed a whole night's work down the drain. Sisters!

Jim Elder